Re: [tlug] UPS batteries

I throw the UPS, and get a new one.

the UPS is no more than a biffy battery with a standard logic attached.

I have yet to see a customer-grade UPS that worth keeping.

Shmuel.

On 2011/04/03 11:26, Darren Cook wrote:

What do people normally do when their UPS batteries die? One of my two
APC ES-500 units started complaining a couple of months ago (it was 5-6
years old, so no complaints), and I've finally got around to pulling the
"PXL12072" battery out: I've found one online for 18,165 yen, another
for 17,300 yen. Choke, splutter, I think I can buy a similar spec UPS
[1] for half that.

Is that the reality of UPS: just get a whole new unit?

Darren

[1]: E.g.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0039P72UE