Re: [tlug] ZenCSS and Firefox on linux

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 04:27:24PM -0400, jep200404@example.com wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:15:05 +0900, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
>
> > I've just been studying some CSS designs, on
> > http://www.csszengarden.com/, comparing them in a wide range of browsers.
> >
> > Does anyone else see problems with this one, using Firefox on Linux?
>
> > I've tried reloading, clear cache and restart, etc. I didn't notice
> > problems with any others [1], so I'm stumped why this particular page is
> > unhappy in just one browser, and I'm wondering if it a bad interaction
> > with some plugin or setting I have. (All the other browsers are really
> > just for development, so all have vanilla settings, but the problem
> > browser is my main browser, so has been customized.)
>
> Then try uncustomized Firefox on Linux. Create another user on
> your Linux box, log in as that other user and browse away.
> Another easy way to browse without your customizations is to
> boot a LiveCD, such as Knoppix.

well, firefox also has a safe mode that doesn't load any plugin.
Or even, you can create another profile and run that instead of the
default.

  -P <profile>       Start with <profile>.
  -ProfileManager    Start with ProfileManager.
  -safe-mode         Disables extensions and themes for this session.

--
mattia
:wq!