[tlug] UNIX SysAdmin opening

Hi Y’all,

Good afternoon. One of the lead Linux/Unix SysAdmins at our client decided to quit Japan and now there is an opening.

Below are the specifics:

Location: Shiodome, Tokyo

As part of the Core Infrastructure Team (DBA, UNIX, Data Center, and Storage) of 10 people, you will be joining the team as a Senior UNIX SA responsible for day to day operations and projects.

You are expected to take technical leadership (excluding budgeting and people management), however in the longer term (3 to 5 years), act as a team lead

The team manages about 600 (Linux, UNIX, AIX) boxes regionally, currently working on process, procedure improvement.

Other projects include:

Fortis (BNP/Fortis acquisition)

Floor re-shuffles

And other ad-hoc projects

Requirements

Minimum 5 years up to 15 years of experiences as a hands-on UNIX SA in the financial sector

Strong communication skill in English (for those who are not native speakers, equivalent of TOEIC 850)

In-depth knowledge of UNIX technologies, support and process lifecycles in enterprise systems:  Linux, Solaris e.g. mechanics of kernels, process lifecycles, DNS, NIS, LDAP, autofs, NFS, AFS, TCP/IP, jumpstart, kickstart.
Experience with virtualization technologies.
Understanding of SAN/NAS and associated Protocols.
Extensive experience with Perl, shell programming, Python, C.

Search Consultant: Timothy Trahan
Contact Telephone Number: +81 (0)3-6403-4403
Linked In: http://jp.linkedin.com/in/timothytwc

Website: www.twc-j.com

Although preferable, we do not require a CV, please feel free to get in touch regarding this role to talk to a member of the team to discuss this role.

For more current openings with our clients, please see http://jobs.twc-j.com

We welcome speculative and tentative applications roles and others of a similar nature that we may have available on our books.

Warmest regards,

Timothy

--
Timothy Trahan