Re: [tlug] OT: radioactive water

Thanks for all the replies. I went to post another URL I'd found, and
three people had already posted it or something better :-)

> I just went through the motions of finding out where my water is
> from...

I used the wikipedia pages listed by Kalin [1], as they list the ku they
serve (on the right side). I.e. the one place (so far) with high
readings serves Sumida-ku, Edo-ku, Katsushika-ku, Edogawa-ku, Adachi-ku,
Arakawa-ku, Taito-ku, most of Kita-ku, and parts of Chiyoda-ku.

The rain the past couple of days has been mostly from the North-East,
which explains it I guess. Looking ahead I imagine we will see readings
at these levels until we get significant rain from a different direction
to dilute it... actually looking at the forecast and thinking about the
short half-life of iodine, I think it will decay to safer levels before
it gets diluted.
(Caesium, on the other hand, has a half-life of 30 years, and also
doesn't seem to be affected by water filters, so let's hope those levels
stay nice and neglible!)

Darren

[1]
http://www.waterworks.metro.tokyo.jp/press/h22/press110323-01.html

Saying, today at 09:00 the levels of the 3 plants are (in Bq/kg):
Kanamachi 210
Asaka NG (<20)
Higashi-Murayama 32

Here are the wikipages for those plants:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/金町浄水場
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/朝霞浄水場
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/東村山浄水場