Re: [tlug] [announcement] nomikai March 25 (Friday)

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> On 21 March 2011 14:26, gbboy <gbboy.2029@example.com> wrote:
>
>> There is no means to have a completely non-smoking restaurant instead?
>
> Do they have those in Tokyo? ;)

Just throwing this option out ... but one possibility is to eat in
Kanagawa-ken.  Since April 1st, a non-smoking ordinance has been
passed [1].  However, the watered-down version was passed and the
rules seem strange...based on size of establishment, etc.  I haven't
yet quite figured it out.  But I've been to a Watami in Kanagawa-ken
where they had non-smoking seats, for example.

I'm just answering your queries in a general way; not suggesting to
have the nomikai in Kanagawa-ken since it will be inconvenient for
many people.

Ray

[1]  http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/kanagawa-pref-launches-japans-1st-antismoking-ordinance