Re: [tlug] Japanese fonts and PDFs

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:

> Installing poppler-data on Fedora seems to have enabled me to view it in
> evince.  Semi-related--nothing worked with xpdf, however

I believe xpdf requires a Japanese patch to use Japanese fonts.

You may also need a patch to /etc/fonts.conf or so.  I haven't kept up
with Japanese on Linux recently because the Mac just works, mostly
even in the face of Monkeyshow[1] docs.

[1] My less than affectionate abbreviation for my ultimate employer,
the Ministry of Memorization,
Simulation of Intellectual Activity, Undokai, and TV.