Re: [tlug] (slightly OT) Net connectivity during power outage

Hi all,

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:
> I understand that there will NO power outage (expected) in Tokyo 23
> wards tomorrow, but it doesn't mean much.
>
> I am started to get worried that my info window (the Net) will be
> blackened out, if they start to cut power regularly. I am using

Sorry, to hijack your thread, Kalin, but if by "info window", you mean
about the earthquake, etc., one alternative is the radio.

I actually have a battery operated one and was wondering if anyone
knew of a station in the Kanto area that broadcasts news in English
[occasionally is ok].  I have actually never used it (it's also my MP3
player) but maybe it's time to figure out how it works.  :-)  I might
just scan around the channels.

By the way, I am sure many of you have done this, but many of your
embassies probably has a way to register yourself.  I did and gave
them my keitai address through an automated system.  If you haven't,
that's another way to get information when the power is down.

Ray