Re: [tlug] Thoughts and prayers from America

(2011年03月13日 17:25), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
I don't know, Josh.  I guess I would go with the usual suspects,
like the Red Cross.  Or come back to Japan, get a job, and pay taxes
so the government can repair the infrastructure. :-/

Maybe somebody else has some good suggestions, though.

It's not so fashionable these days, of course, but you could always buy government bonds. Plus you (hopefully) get the money back in a few years to donate when charities no longer have something to catch the general public's attention but are still in need of funds.

Leo

[PS: fortunately the tsunami stopped short of our house, but I took some pictures of the buildings a few meters up the road: https://picasaweb.google.com/109315691811770471936/Tsunami ]