Re: [tlug] Hope everone is ok

China Syndrome-style meltdowns are very unlikely.  Release of enough
radioactives to make Tokyo a ghost town moderately unlikely, even under
current conditions in Fukushima.  Remember, Chernobyl was designed and
run by people appointed by Stalin (OK, Brezhnev, but there's hardly a
difference for this purpose).  TEPCO is not run by Stalinists, or even Adm.
Zumwalt (the "father of the nuclear submarine").

These things are designed to fail safe (yes, I saw that movie -- but Fail Safe
was about a human system, this is about physics).  Certainly something can
go wrong and the jieitai soldiers who are doing the work are probably at
serious risk of radiation poisoning.  But it should work out.

As of midnight it sounded like they had things under control.  We'll see.
(Hopefully mostly what we'll see is a big bump in our electric bills to pay
for the reactor(s) they're destroying, but they probably were pretty well
wasted anyway.)