Re: [tlug] Alternatives to sed + awk

On 11 March 2011 10:38, Simon Cozens <simon@example.com> wrote:

> On 11/03/2011 09:17, Josh Glover wrote:
>> Obviously, this is a trivial DSL that has no real advantages to
>> straight HTML
>
> I love it when people prove my point while thinking they're contradicting me. ;-)

Perhaps you should have quoted the rest of that paragraph, wherein I
provide less proof for your point. ;)

I do see your point, Simon, and for the HTML example, I think a
templating system like Rails or CGI::Application or even (shudder)
Mason is a better solution. But there are certainly domains where the
sort of DSL I demonstrated are very useful.

--
Cheers,
Josh