Re: [tlug] Hope everone is ok

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 17:40, ELLIOTT JUSTICE <ejeru77@example.com> wrote:
> Do you have any tips on emergency kit?

Yup!

I am working on mine right now, 2 people + 6-month-baby

Prepare 2 kits - short (for up to a day) and long (for a few days).

If you practice outdoor, you'll know very much what you need.

Short kit (to be carried by 1 person, 90L duffel/backpack):
down jackets, gloves, balaclavas
thermos, water bottle
diapers + other baby stuff
small Thermarest pad
medikit
knife, spoons
snacks
passports, cash
folding umbrella
small tent (still considering it)

Long kit (inside 35L Tubstrugs, to be used in addition to short kit):
some tools (pliers, knife, scoop)
gas cooker + gas + pots
water tank (Platypus 3.5L), water filter
dehydrated meals
camera

Set aside close to the door:
climbing helmets
hiking boots

Well, that is what I have now, still looking around the house.

Cheers,
Kalin.