Re: [tlug] Alternatives to sed + awk

2011/3/10 Attila Kinali <attila@example.com>
On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 22:47:14 +0700
Nguyen Vu Hung <vuhung16plus@example.com> wrote:

> As I said in the original post, I need a natural programming language, so Perl
> is not an option.

Why do you think perl is not a natural language but php is?
They both have the same ancestry.

> Tcl looks good but it is completely new to me.

I wouldnt bother learning Tcl unless you want to use Tk or want to
write simple, but portable GUIs. I had to learn it for a project two
years ago. At frist it felt like any other scripting language, but after
a while i started to feel that it isn't as far as perl or python are
and a lot of language constructs are missing that i got used to, both
in dynamic and static languages.

Tcl may be interesting not only for portable GUIs, but also for network client/server programming, because of builtin
event driven development model. Tcl looks like simple and maybe primitive language, but this is misleading.
Try to browse wiki.tcl.tk more deeply, you may be very surprised.