Re: [tlug] needs help: where to get compressed air can

jong pairez wrote:

> ... or is there any alternative to air cans in cleaning the processor/fan?

Of course there are.

Compressed air can push stuff into places where one really does
not want the dust, so first, I try to suck out dust with a
vaccuum cleaner. For the dust that's left, I use 80 to 120 psi
air from an air compressor[2] with a hose and air blow gun.
Of course, you do not want to spend that much money and do
not have the space to store the stuff anyway. So consider asking
a car repair shop to blow out the dust (after you have sucked out
the dust at home. Car shops have _big_ compressors.

> i want to clean my processor fan ...

Often the dust on CPU fans is stuck pretty hard, such that
vaccuums and compressed air are insufficient to remove the
dust. I often have to remove the fan and use toothbrushes
and/or cotton swabs[1] to scrub the dust away. If smokers have
left tar on the fans that glues the dust, use naphtha on the
cotton swabs to dissolve the tar.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_swab

[2] http://www.harborfreight.com/3-gallon-100-psi-oilless-pancake-air-compressor-95275.html
    http://www.harborfreight.com/air-blow-gun-with-4-inch-nozzle-42939.html