Re: [tlug] Alternatives to sed + awk

On 03/03/2011 10:53 PM, Josh Glover wrote:
I wonder if Ruby Gems has been thusly wrapped?

https://github.com/thwarted/gem2deb
http://rubyforge.org/projects/gem2rpm/

Looks like someone once wrote gem2ebuild, but there are no traces of it now:

http://bugs.gentoo.org/209833

I don't think there is much point. I have mostly stopped using system gems because rvm with gemsets is more manageable. Gems change so frequently it doesn't seem to be possible to have a consistent system set.

Edward