Re: [tlug] I'll have to pay someone to do this Javascript (small job offer)

> The reason I'm married to YUI is that their version 3 has good support
> for touch events on mobile devices, which is deal breaking for me. I
> have looked at and experimented with other libraries, and YUI is the
> best choice.

Hi Dave,
I'm not familiar enough with YUI to take you up on this, but I'm very
interested in hearing if you looked at JQuery-Mobile and the reasons you
dismissed it. Is it just 'cos it is too "alpha" still? Or do you see
some architecture/design designs that mean YUI 3 will always be better
for mobile devices?

By the way, I've only taken a brief look at JQuery Mobile so far, and it
reminded me of WAP (blank looks from the under-30 programmers :-), but
what made WAP so annoying was the hard-coded restraints, so maybe it
will be okay. Having said that, JQuery Mobile is certainly far more
intrusive than using JQuery to add a couple of effects to an existing
non-mobile web page.

Darren