[tlug] I'll have to pay someone to do this Javascript (small job offer)

TLUG,

As you guys know, despite my terrible programming skills (I'm a graphics
guy! What the heck are all these algorithms doing in my brain?!), I keep
hammering away at Javascript, and PHP, and other things, and generally
muddle my way through with a lot of questions and all of your really
helpful answers and support.

However, I've hit a piece of Javascript coding that I know for sure is
definitely many levels above what I can accomplish. It's not just that I
am far from being a good Javascript programmer, it's also that I have to
work within some time constraints, and one has to pick one's battles.

I think I can afford to pay fair rates for someone to take this on, so
if anyone is interested in a very small side coding project, then please
read on. I really need to get this done, so I am very serious about this
offer.

Here's the deal: For one part of my current project, I am using the YUI
libraries to support some of my interface widgets. Specifically, I need
to have sliders (if you don't know a "slider", it's a graphical
interface element, like a volume control).

The reason I'm married to YUI is that their version 3 has good support
for touch events on mobile devices, which is deal breaking for me. I
have looked at and experimented with other libraries, and YUI is the
best choice.

The problem is that the YUI 3 sliders don't yet support dual-thumb
sliders, which are critical to my project.

I've actually spoken directly to the programmers on the YUI team on IRC
about this, and they're really a helpful bunch of guys. The one guy who
is in charge of the slider libraries has given me some pointers about
what is required to build this.

What he told me was that if he builds the library, then he's obligated
to build a whole system of support to accommodate all the things that
users of the YUI library might ask of it. That would take weeks, and
although it's on his to-do list, he won't get to it maybe for months.

However, according to him, to create a dual slider that does only what I
need it to do, should only be a matter of hours, maybe a day. For
someone who knows what they're doing, that is.

He was very encouraging that I give it a go myself, and he gave me some
starting points. I even got a bit enthused that maybe I could do it.
However, after giving it some careful consideration and examination, I
am sure I'm out of my depth.

I have learned how to use the YUI libraries, but building one of my own
involves more deep coding. Too deep to learn in my time constraints.

I have built an example of the dual slider that I need using the YUI 2
libraries. I also have single sliders made using the YUI 3 libraries.

So this is what I need: Someone who can help me to build a module for
YUI 3 so that I can have a dual thumb slider that behaves like my YUI 2
example.

If I can hand over specs and have you code it for a reasonable price,
great. At the very least, if I am going to pick up some slack and do
part of it myself, I'll need someone who I can meet with and have direct
tutelage. This isn't something I will be able to do by asking questions
on mailing lists, there are just too many aspects I don't know, and not
enough time.

Now, all that said, I haven't the foggiest idea what a Javascript
programmer who could do this would charge. Maybe it would be completely
and totally out of my price range, I don't know.

However, my project absolutely must get finished, so I am definitely
keen to find out.

If you are serious about helping and will discuss terms, please contact
me off list.

If you know of a better place I might take this kind of offer, please
let me know.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

--
Dave M G