Re: [tlug] [Lingo] Two direction full text search

Hi Nguyen,

If we ignore the bi-directional search part, if you are working with text, I would stay away from RDBMS and go for an information retrieval system. Maybe an RDBMS is worth trying if you have more structure in your data (i.e., more structure and less free-form text); but if it is just text...then an IR system might be better.

I have never used it, but I would start with Lucene:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucene

and see if it or programs similar to it will satisfy your needs...

Ray