Re: [tlug] Ubuntu server, Windows 7 client, and the firewall between them [SOLVED]

TLUG,

I'm marking this solved, though I've been through this kind of thing
enough times to know that the problem could come back.

I found the solution on the second to last post on this forum:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ubuntu-linux/111689-cant-configure-firestarter-ubuntu-allow-samba-access.html

Seems to have been particularly a Firestarter problem. Under
Edit->Preferences->Advanced Options, "Block all broadcasts from external
networks" has to be deselected.

I've done that, and started and restarted the computers to see if it
seems to be holding, and so far so good. Good enough that I think this
can be called solved.

Thanks to everyone for all the help!

--
Dave M G