Re: [tlug] Great Git resources

>  > Git has gitg, gitk, git-gui, etc. and they are all very similar and all
>  > pointless. Well, some of them will draw pretty pictures...

> What's wrong with git-gui?

It seems I didn't even keep it installed, and I only remember my "this
sucks" conclusion. If pushed for an opinion I'd say its fundamental
problem is that it has a man page:
 http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-gui.html

By that I mean the design of the tool feels like it is an add-on for the
commandline, rather than a graphical source control application that is
using git underneath.

Yep, I realize that many on this list (or, at least, many of the vocal
members) won't get why that is a problem :-)

Darren

P.S. It seems there was a RapidGit project, "GUI for GIT based on the
RapidSVN user experience", but it is dead without ever getting as far as
a first release.