Re: [tlug] Power Supplies (in Japan and Traveling)

Darren Cook writes:

 > >    6. Leave your old equipment behind,
 > >       and buy new equipment in Japan.
 >
 > The "green" in me hates this,

Hey, if you want to talk waste and environmental damage, look no
farther than the burning mountain(s) in Kyushu, which (if they grow
instead of diminishing) could very easily set back global warming by 5
to 10 years while wrecking most of Miyazaki-ken (which doesn't even
have a charismatic governer anymore, bummer! :-)  Everything has a win
side and a lose side.  Greens can't afford to hate on that basis that
there's a "lose"; they'd hate everything, because nothing else gives
even as much priority to the environment as human beings do!

In this case, there's nothing in "leave it behind" that says he has to
throw it in a landfill.  I'm sure he'll try to find it a new home.