Re: [tlug] Great Git resources

Hi Romeo,

On 04/02/11 02:02, Romeo Theriault wrote:
I've just recently started getting into Git and have found a few
references that I've found to be great help in my exploration of it.

I hope this doesn't start a flame war :-), but in your own words, can you explain why you are using Git as opposed to (say) Subversion? I'm a Subversion user and after reading a few sites, I found a handful of people who switched from Subversion to Git, but then went back. So, I haven't switched. I guess Git is great, but not for everyone?

Maybe if I didn't know of any revision control system, I'd start off at Git (maybe...). But each move from RCS to CVS to Subversion made sense...each seemed like an improvement to the previous one. But Git seems to me like just a "different" way of doing things; not necessarily better...

Any thoughts by you or anyone else?

Ray