Re: [tlug] Oh, permissions, how I love constantly fighting thee

Dave M G <dave@example.com> writes:

> Cannot open local file //backup_20110130_-_212227.tar.gz for writing:
> Permission denied.
> ncftpget *.tar.gz: could not open file.

Assuming that's the exact error message, it looks to me like it is
telling you pretty clearly where it's trying to write the local file to
("/" = the root directory of your machine), which is not really
somewhere you wanting to be dumping files, is it?

Could it be that you're simply making a bad assumption about where
ncftpget is copying the file to?

Dave