[tlug] Buying a Linux-compatible Bluetooth headset in Japan

TLUG members,

I am thinking about buying a Bluetooth headset to use with Skype and
Ekiga on my Ubuntu 10.10-based Lenovo Edge 13 notebook. From most of
the articles and tutorials I've read it seems that it can become quite
a hassle to set up a Bluetooth headset on Linux if you choose the
wrong equipment. I am pretty new to Linux, so I'd like to buy a
headset model that works pretty much out of the box. Since I have only
just arrived in Japan, I don't know where to check for
Linux-compatible hardware, though, which is why I'm writing.

Does someone know a place that lets you try stuff for compatibility
before buying? Or could someone recommend a headset model that is
available in Japan and is known to work without too much hacking? Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help!

Stefan