Re: [tlug] Mutt and putting an image above the signature

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:43:47PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Scott Robbins writes:
>

> Mutt being a generally well-reputed program, is it possible that you
> have some kind of setting that collects attachments at the end?
>
> It's also possible (well, certain, since you mention Outhouse) that
> the recipient's MUAs are broken, and assemble the MIME text parts
> first, and only then the non-text parts.

Yes, but unfortunately, that's the way of the world these days.
Unfortunately, I have to adjust to them.

> Send yourself a copy of such a mail to an address where you'll have an
> mbox file to look at, and look at it with less or a programmer's
> editor, and see if the parts are in the order you expect.

They seem to be.  Thunderbird, which is, as far as I know, more or less
standard compliant, also shows it correctly.

Meh, I can deal with it--they won't notice the signature location.

I didn't even realize I could do the attach vs. inline thing till
yesterday.  :)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6