Re: [tlug] Slooooooow down

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 00:31, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:

> My toolbox for diagnosing this doesn't go beyond trying to find a
> process in htop and killing it. Is there anything else I can do?

Sounds like the cpu isn't the bottleneck, so I think it's probably
either memory and/or IO. One thing you can check is in the output of
'top', at the top of the output there is a 'wa' field. What does this
average on the system. This is the percentage of your system is
waiting on some kind of IO.

Could you give us the output of the following commands:

uptime
free -m
vmstat 5    (let this run a bit and give us a bit of it's output)
iostat -m 5  (also let run and give us it's output)

--
Romeo Theriault