Re: [tlug] Reversing a YUI compressed file

On 01/10/2011 04:35 PM, Dave M G wrote:
Finally... my question:

Is there a way I can modify the file from the command line to insert
line breaks and make it editable? 90% of the file is stuff I can safely
delete (YUI and JQuery code that isn't originally mine).

I think even if I were to be able to do something like insert a line
break after every "}" character that would make it parsable enough for
me to edit.

Any suggestions?

It's probably easiest to use a Javascript decompressor or beautifier to turn minified JS into readable code.

http://jsbeautifier.org/
or Google: javascript decompressor

Kyle