Re: [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Stuart Luppescu <slu@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-01-06 at 22:35 +0900, Ian Barwick wrote:
>> 2) If Android, which model?
>> The Samsung Galaxy S from Docomo looks like it might
>> fit the bill, but that's based on a quick trip through the Docomo
>> store.
>
> I have a Galaxy S (upgrade to Android 2.2 *still* not available --
> grrrrr) and use ConnectBot as an ssh client. It works OK but the
> on-screen keyboard is a pain in the neck to use: Control-key
> combinations require 3 taps; characters like the pipe symbol require
> either a long tap or two short taps.

This comes up on Slashdot yesterday and I think you should check.
http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/11/01/06/1344223/Smartphones-For-Text-SSH-Use-Re-Revisited
# FYI Nokia n900 is recommend.

I am quite happy with Android's default keyboard layout.
However, if you are not happy with it, I think you can search for
some alternative keyboard layouts on the market that may fit your needs.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )