Re: [tlug] Softbank iPhone, what am I missing?

2010年 12月 24日(金)12:54 am に Simon Cozens さんは書きました:

> But the Softbank web pages don't make very much sense.

>From what I've heard, Softbank rarely makes sense.

> The iPhone standard price plan
> (http://mb.softbank.jp/mb/iphone/price_plan/standard_price_plan/)
> seems to suggest I can pick up an iPhone 4 16G with, um, 1 meg of data,
> for
> 2900 plus call charges. (I don't have a phone at the moment so I guess I
> won't
> get the norikaewari.) That's remarkably reasonable, since I don't stay out
> of
> wifi range for long and don't really want much in the way of 3G.

I've always found the 'it's cheap because I don't use it' argument funny.
Why buy a smart phone if you are not going to use 3G?

No intention to start a flame war or anything, but with all the Android
phones on the market, why would you want to buy an iPhone?

> Is that right, though, 2900? I seem to remember that last time I used
> Softbank, I had a zero-yen phone plus the 980 white plan, but my bills
> were
> always in the 5000Y or so range. Did I just talk a lot outside the white
> plan
> time (ah, engagement) or have I forgotten about some hidden charges?

I don't use SB myself, but if you sign up for the 2 year contract, don't
go over the packet minimum (1MB?), don't talk outside of the while plan
time slot, don't let the sales rep sign you for insurance, super-duper
chako-meru-hodai or whatever crap they are promoting right now, you should
stay within 2900 yen. But as I said, from what I heard, strange items tend
to pop up on a Softbank bill, and they are very unwilling to give you a
clear explanation as to what those charges are for.