Re: [tlug] [OT] Payment gateways in Japan.

On 20 December 2010 17:20, Edward Middleton
<edward.middleton@example.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience with using any of these payment gateways
> for payment processing?  How easy are they to integrate with? Are there
> other payment gateways you would recommend?

We've integrated with PayPal for Doorkeeper.  Our experience hasn't
been so pleasant from a technical standpoint, but Japanese seem to be
willing to pay by paypal (at least those with a technical background).

What is the target for your service?  Individuals or businesses?
Japan or abroad?  Do you need stuff like subscription billing, or are
you just looking for one time purchases?

Most of the nice payment solutions that we've come across require a US
bank account.  We've toyed with the idea of having a US subsidiary to
collect payment, but haven't investigated it seriously.

One other payment gateway we know of is ZeroWeb, though we haven't
investigated them at all:
http://www.zeroweb.co.jp/

Cheers,
Paul