Re: [tlug] Javascript and I have different ideas about what "concatenate" means. [SOLVED]

Marco,

Thanks for your help.

I think the only reason Rubin's test worked was because he was
outputting to an alert, not writing to within an HTML element.
Outputting to console logs and alerts don't seem to go through any
parsing like appendChild or innerHTML do.

In any case, going with your code as a model, basically meticulously
building the tree of nested divs with Javascript constructors, and then
using appendChild to connect them all together, does result in the HTML
getting concatenated together in the expected order.

It's a little tedious, but it works, and that's what's important.

Thanks for your patient explanation, and thanks to all of TLUG for the
support and educational advice.

--
Dave M G