Re: [tlug] GNOME sucks and nautilus is a PITA

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Nguyen Vu Hung writes:
>  > On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
>  > > Too bad for "the Unix philosophy".  Too bad for all of us.
>  >
>  > I mean, "the Unix philosophy for software design". It is bad for us as most
>  > college and university are poisoning the student with GUI and
>  > rapid-software-development tools.
>
> Yup.  What I said, but more interesting. :-)
>
> But, I don't think GUI is bad, per se.  I've grown quite fond of the
> Mac GUI over the past few years, and often prefer it to CLI on Macs.
+1, I love consistency between the GUI and CLI that Apple make.
I don't say I prefer Mac than Linux, just a happy user usig xcodebuild
+ huson daily build

> But if (as in GNOME) it were a choice between the GUI and the CLI,
Is there any  relations between Gnome and GNU "backend" CLIs?
None, I assume, accept shared character "G"?

> it
> would be "sayonara! Mac-kun."
I would love the campain: "Hello, I am a Linux" :)

And, some of my friends have the following in his sig:

Sent from Linux :)

> The GUI is often the most efficient way
> to accomplish simple, non-repetitive tasks, but all too often the CLI
> is the *only* way.
I agree it depend, but I think I am a sysadmin other and a programmer.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )