Re: [tlug] When is a line feed really a line feed? [SOLVED]

> perl -i.bak -p texfile.txt
>
> ... but it did something to my file that now makes it upload
> properly. Huh.
>
> I think this time I definitely am not going to try to get deeper into
> this. Perl scares me.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic :-)

Interesting... I wouldn't have expected this result, but hearing of it,
it *seemed* to make sense (what's more puzzling is what would have
possessed Steve to try it in the first place :-).

Even as a Perl fanboi, I admit, sometimes the language takes magic
(dweomer) a bit over the top.  I thought if I referred to "man perlrun",
the reason this works would become clear. It didn't :-(

So I tried it myself (Steve's short form). Didn't work! My perl is
5.10.1. Perl tries to execute my file as a program.  What version of
Perl does this work under?

Dave