Re: [tlug] Arrrg! Permissions driving me nuts in PHP [SOLVED]

On 11/25/2010 7:46 AM, Dave M G wrote:
Looks like running an explicit chmod after creating the directory has
solved the problem:

system("chmod 777 -R $dirPath");

Though, I don't see why this should be necessary. If a user has the
permission to change permissions, shouldn't that user be able to just
delete the file anyway?
Does umask permissions take precedence over mkdir permissions? It might be worth trying a umask 0 before the mkdir command.

Steve S.