Re: [tlug] Arrrg! Permissions driving me nuts in PHP

Sach Jobb writes:

 > > This is the permissions of the directory that won't let itself be deleted:
 > >
 > > drwxr-xr-x 3 nobody nobody 4096 Nov 24 04:21 backup_20101124_-_042108
 >
 > Well, clearly it's not working because it make the directory 755, not
 > 777. I seem to recall having problems with php and directory modes
 > before. I think I got around it by explicitly changing the mode after
 > the directory was created.
 >
 > That all being said, assuming your web server is running as user
 > nobody,

I don't think the webserver is running as nobody.  First, if it were,
he wouldn't have a problem.  Second, no modern distribution runs
servers as nobody any more.

I wonder what the perms on the parent directory are.  Sticky bits,
anybody?

Thank-God-Im-a-snakey-boy-ly y'rs