Re: [tlug] Worth coming to Japan before getting a job?

> Let's put the question the other way: Say the OP really wants to get a
> job in Japan. What are his chances of landing one _without_ quitting
> his current job and coming over here to look for it? I'm not really
> familiar with the whole expat relocation scene, but on the face of it
> getting transferred over here sounds like an exceedingly difficult
> thing to do. Whereas coming over here, talking to a bunch of people
> and getting a job sounds like - well - coming over here, talking to a
> bunch of people and getting a job.

I agree with this, entirely. If he really wants to come out here and
make it happen, the best thing to do is just to come out here and make
it happen.  The fact that he is married to a Japanese national helps
considerably as well. It would be better if he spoke Japanese but I
know quite a few successful foreigners in Tokyo and they can't speak a
word of Japanese to save their lives.

David, of course there are no promises, but I do believe in
challenging oneself and at the very worst I think you will learn a lot
in the process. Where there is a will, there is a way. Best of luck to
you.

Cheers,
Sach