[tlug] Linux appliance deal

Found a good deal for an industrial-looking Linux appliance box in Akihabara in case anyone is interested.

Millinux
1GHz VIA (C3 I think, fan cooled)
512MB RAM
Dual CF slots (no HDD bays)
Dual 10/100 LAN

I've been looking for one of these for a while but they've always been more costly than nettops so I've held off. It's regularly 39609 yen but it's now 9800 at IOSYS next to Akizuki denki. (http://goo.gl/maps/zsDW)

Now I just need to figure out the best way to install Linux on a CF card. A quick search suggests that no swap partition and logging to tmpfs are advisable. Some even recommend mounting the CF as read-only.

-- Kyle