Re: [tlug] Possible command to boost to laptop performance

> My laptop (Compaq Presario CQ60) came with 4G of RAM, but I can only see
> 3G of it (prolly a limitation of my 32-bit system). Is there any way I
> can get at
> it from Linux for a RAM disk or something like that? Is it worth doing?

You need to set the kernel option for support for up to 64GB -- confusingly,
just setting support for up to 4GB is not enough (see
http://www.linux.com/archive/articles/119287). If you are running Debian or
Ubuntu, it's the kernel package that ends in -bigmem.

Note that even then you won't see the full 4GB, but only around 3.8-3.9GB
because of some overheads I didn't bother looking into.

Lars