Re: [tlug] Possible command to boost to laptop performance

On 3 November 2010 13:06, Edward Middleton
<edward.middleton@example.com> wrote:

> On 11/03/2010 07:04 PM, Marty Pauley wrote:
>
>> I would have thought it would perform _worse_ just after you flush all
>> the cache, since the cache is there to improve performance.
>
> If your applications have exhausted all available memory and are running
> on swap, more aggressive culling of the cache might improve performance ;)

I thought the kernel was smart enough to back off the caching as
memory pressure on the system increased. Is the situation you describe
a case that would slip through the kernel's caching strategy?

--
Cheers,
Josh