Re: [tlug] xpdf "save as" directory

Hi Kiyoshi,

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 09:31, Kiyoshi Kawaguchi <kkawaguc8020@example.com> wrote:
> I was able to change the default directory in "Save As" dialog but in
> the source code level like this:
>
> In XPDFViewer.cc file, in function XPDFViewer::initSaveAsDialog(), in
> the if-block of the latter part of the function routine,
>
> [before] s1 = XmStringCreatedLocalized(dir->getCString());  // This
> gets the dir of the currently opened file.
>
> [after] s1 = XmStringCreatedLocalized("~");  // Let's force it to the
> home directory. ;)
>
> For making it controllable by the user via xpdfrc, then I need to take
> a look at GlobalParams.cc for further modification.....

I'll double check if "~" is a good way to code this... may be $HOME or
get it from /etc/passwd for running user?

If you spend a bit more time to make it configurable via .xpdfrc file
or environment variable or menu, you can send your patch to the
"official tree" by mailing
derekn@example.com (see http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/home.html)

Cheers,
Kalin.