Re: [tlug] xpdf "save as" directory

Hello Michal and Greeting to TLUG,

Like you say, I think the default directory to be displayed on "Save
As" dialog is where the currently opened PDF file is located.  Could
not find anything in xpdfrc about controlling the default directory to
be set in "Save As" dialog (or any File Selection dialog).

I am not an expert in Linux/Unix GUI application, but as far as I saw
in the XPDF source code (XPDFViewer.cc in xpdf-3.02 tree) such
behavior seems to be hard-coded.

In detail, I am guessing that if you add extra line(s) of "XtSetArg()"
in XPDFViewer::initSaveAsDialog() function then it could be possible
to achieve your desired behavior.

XPDF is a classic X application that uses Motif GUI so it is sad that
it lacks in flexibility of user interfaces compared to more modern GUI
applications.

I may be wrong because I have not tried to modify the source code,
rebuild, and test yet.  Like I said above I am not an expert so I need
some time to do such a trial.

Hope this helps.

Kiyoshi