Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] [OT] Pre-paid SIMs with data?
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:06:56 +0900
- From: Jason Edward 今井 Parrott <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] [OT] Pre-paid SIMs with data?
- References: <AANLkTi=QpftZ3H6=CsMm3UZ3RH-9XaBby0quwnZnxoPW@example.com> <BAD68446-068D-4E82-9534-7BF702A23001@example.com> <AANLkTimjifZY-M3Y4bHA-xfn6Y0T+UgLKdAGFWTJVKrO@example.com>
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Pier Fumagalli <email@example.com> wrote:On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 05:08, Paul McMahon <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:I bought two SIMs from them, and they never asked me for any kind of
> On Oct 26, 2010, at 4:45 PM, Josh Glover wrote:
>> Is it possible to buy a pre-paid SIM that includes data?
> B-Mobile has prepaid SIMs, but apparently it is only available to Japanese residents:
proof of residency or whatever. They just need an address (in Japan)
where the SIM needs to be shipped to.
Works beautifully (albeit not full 3G speed) and it's cheap. I highly
However if you are going to use it on Android you have some issues to think about.One is the data rate, which unless that SIM card has a 'packet hodai' deal, you're lookingat a 40000+yen bill easily.That price is with a japanese android phone. If you want to use your own, since it's notone of 'their' 'smartphones' then they will count it as using your SIM on a computer andcharge you that rate, which is almost double.Not sure how these renting companies do it... but be careful about this.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] Pre-paid SIMs with data?
- Next by Date: [tlug] xterm with hiragana/kanji
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] Pre-paid SIMs with data?
- Next by thread: [tlug] xpdf "save as" directory
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links