Re: [tlug] MySQL not running... or is it? [SOLVED]

 Josh,

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm sure Apparmour is a good thing. Or, at least, a thing that isn't
usually in my way.

When one does a distribution upgrade, at least on Ubuntu, you generally
get asked a few times if you want to keep your old configuration file or
get a fresh one for various programs.

My policy is that if I recognize it, I keep my current configuration. If
I don't, then I get a fresh one.

Up until now, this has only been relevant to PHP and MySQL. I guess
Apparmour is now part of the "keeper" category.

Always something new to learn with Linux.

--
Dave M G