Re: [tlug] They've changed Apache again.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 19:34, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:

Then later, my local web sites weren't working again, and it looks like
my /etc/hosts got wiped out again. Maybe after a boot.

So it looks like when Apache starts up, it generates /etc/hosts, or
something, and I need to put my list of domains in some other file... or
something.

Apache won't modify your /etc/hosts file. This is most likely whatever new, fancy, pain-in-the-ass network management tool Ubuntu is using now. Which I don't know what it is. Maybe "Network Manager". It most likely has a gui you can use to setup your host entries in.

--
Romeo Theriault