Re: [tlug] Bash looping issue

On 2010-10-12 at 12:15:00, Romeo Theriault wrote:
>I might also add that perl, and I'm sure countless other languages,
>are really good at this kind of thing ;) But maybe you need (or
>really want to) use bash for some reason.

I should have added that i consider myself a Perl programmer of at least
moderate competency, but am trying to do in bash what would be utterly
trivial in Perl.  :)

My reasons for this are partly educational and partly to add
functionality to an existing bash script that isn't quite complex enough
for me to want to upgrade it to Perl.

__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley@example.com