Re: [tlug] Network annoyingly not starting on boot

> Here's the annoying part. I've found a workaround. I use a program on
> the Mythbuntu machine called Wicd as a GUI interface for my network
> settings. ...

Make sure you don't have both wicd and Ubuntu's default network manager
installed, as they will clash.

In my case I got fed up with the network connection going each time I do
suspend/resume (the first network request would be an error, and it
would work fine after that), so I uninstalled network manager (and wicd)
and went back to traditional way of setting up a network, i.e. adding an
entry in /etc/network/interfaces.

Of course if using DHCP, or wireless, or not always in the office, etc.
this may not be practical.

Darren

P.S. Ubuntu 10.04

P.P.S. That wasn't exactly true. The other reason for going this route
was I wanted to add a couple of extra IPs to my machine (for creating
some web sites), and couldn't get network manager to do this for me.

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)