[tlug] My website for traveling gamers

 Hi all

As the ones of you that attended yesterday's technical meeting might remember, I am currently building a website to serve as a global travel guide for gamers. I would like to ask TLUG to help me improve this project by visiting the site and telling me what might be improved or report possible bugs. You can find it below.

http://www.gametrip.org

The idea is pretty simple. Everyone visiting the site can add gaming related locations s/he is aware of anywhere in the world. Everything ranging from arcades to shops to your mother's garage sale is fine.

Then other people who are on vacation in some foreign country, can just as easy look up their current city and find THE places to be for gamers. I've only been working on this for about a month and a half so there are only a few locations so far.

Also when viewing the site you might notice that there are quite a bunch of specialized gaming bars in Tokyo. If anybody feels like checking one of these out, let me know. I'll gladly kick your ass in Mario Kart while chugging down a few cold beers. ;)

Finally if enough people are interested, I'd like to make a presentation about it at the next technical meeting. I could discuss in a bit more detail why I think a site like this is needed, bring the source code and discuss its inner workings, receive some suggestions and insights from the group and possibly start a bit of a discussion on proper development techniques.

Sincerely,

~Andreas Kieckens