Re: [tlug] Where to get a "free" mp3 walkman in Japan

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Andreas Kieckens
<akieckens@example.com> wrote:
>  Hi all
>
> My girlfriend is currently looking for a portable mp3 player but she
> doesn't want to install any software like iTunes or such to put music on
> it. Since there are a lot of Linux enthusiasts that enjoy the same
> freedom, I figured this would be a good place to ask.
>
> Does anybody know of a good mp3 player that is available in Japan and
> allows you to manage your music without the need for additional software?

Tsutaya periodically "gives away" or sells very cheap at least, MP3
players.  Often you can get them for 100 to 1000 yen with CD rentals.
They are cheapies, so they don't come with any software.  they are the
type that you transfer MP3 or WMA files onto directly like a flash
drive.