Re: [tlug] Where to sell a MacBook Pro?

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 10:56 PM, Philipp Wollermann <philipp@example.com> wrote:
> I want to replace my MacBook Pro with something more Linux-friendly, but as I'm still quite new to Tokyo, I don't know if / where it's possible to sell it for a good price. In Germany, I'd just sell it via eBay ..
>
> Do you have any suggestions? It's a late-2008 Unibody MacBook Pro 15", Core 2 Duo (2,8 GHz), Geforce 9600GT, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB 7200 RPM HDD. Still has AppleCare warranty until September 2011. It has a German keyboard, though ..

You probably wouldn't get much for it at the used shops in Akihabara.
As for selling it directly, the few people here I've talked to who
regularly sell stuff on-line seem to use Yahoo Japan.  More than 50%
of Yahoo Japan is owned by SoftBank, so it's a little different than
Yahoo in the US.  For example they were able to thumb their noses at
US Yahoo's recent decision to use a certain suspect search engine and
use Google instead.

Lyle