[tlug] Anti-virus software is a scam

TLUG,

I've written a thing on my blog that might be kind of controversial, that anti-virus software is simply not needed.

If anyone is interested in taking a look, I was hoping to get some feedback on the technical points I make.

For instance, I say that you can never get a computer virus from certain file times, and I explain why Linux is more secure than Windows.

Hopefully, I haven't said anything factually wrong in those regards.

Here is the link:

http://autotelic.com/anti-virus_software_is_a_scam

Please take a look and if you have any comments, either send them to me privately or even here on list. The comments on the page won't work yet because the page isn't "public" yet (meaning only that it isn't linked from the top page in any way yet).

--
Dave M G