Re: [tlug] Testing Apache for gzip modules

Edmund, Romeo,

Thank you for responding.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what to make of the fact that these two outputs report different things. One seems to say I do have mod_deflate, the other seems to indicate I don't. Which should I believe?

[root@example.com ~]# ls /usr/lib/apache2/modules | grep mod_deflate
ls: /usr/lib/apache2/modules: No such file or directory
[root@example.com ~]# rpm -q --filesbypkg httpd | grep deflate
httpd                     /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_deflate.so

Also, in my httpd.conf line, I did a search for the string "deflate", and came up with nothing, so there doesn't seem to be a line I can simply uncomment.

So I'm not sure which problem to solve - do I need to install the module, or add a line to httpd.conf?

If the latter, where do I add the line? And is the line simply:
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
...?

Thank you for any advice.

--